ForumsAnimeFemale Cast Anime
Page 1

Posted 9/02/2013
I have in the past not watched anime that consisted of a female cast due to various things. So, I wonder if anyone can recommend me anime that have female cast. And yes I have re-watched K-on recently.

Posted 9/02/2013
I just re-looked at mt list of Anime I have seen. The truth be told I have not seen an Anime with only a female cast not even K-on. So I'll be learning too.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/02/2013
AIURA, but it sucks in my opinion. Sailor Moon is a masterpiece, but there are minor male characters like her dad and supporting role tuxedo mask, and other villains. Um, I don't know, it depends what genre. You can watch Fantasista Doll, it's pretty awesome. Day Break Illusion is all females too, and that's awesome too.

Posted 9/02/2013
Ah! My Goddess, but it's a harem. Lucky Star, very funny and it's slice-of-life.

Posted 9/02/2013
R.O.D the TV has all three main characters as females, supporting roles are also mostly female. This anime is so bomb, by the way. Major mind-blow.

Posted 9/02/2013
K-On movie? lol It's really good.

Otherwise it depends on what you're looking for. With comedies you have Lucky Star and Azumanga. Sadly those series also created a massive following of poorly done series attempting to do the same thing as well as they did.

If you want something a bit different with an all female cast there is Red Garden, Alien Nine (really good), and possibly Stella Women’s Academy (which is still airing). There is also Gunslinger Girl which is pretty much a must see.

Posted 9/02/2013
K-On movie? lol It's really good.

Otherwise it depends on what you're looking for. With comedies you have Lucky Star and Azumanga. Sadly those series also created a massive following of poorly done series attempting to do the same thing as well as they did.

If you want something a bit different with an all female cast there is Red Garden, Alien Nine (really good), and possibly Stella Women’s Academy (which is still airing). There is also Gunslinger Girl which is pretty much a must see.
 Oh Alien Nine is already on waiting list okay. And yes I have heard good things about Gunslinger Girl. Very good very good indeed. This is all good.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/02/2013
R.O.D the TV has all three main characters as females, supporting roles are also mostly female. This anime is so bomb, by the way. Major mind-blow.
 I recently re-watched that tv series, I almost completely forgot about it. 

Posted 9/02/2013

Isn't it just the bomb diggity?

Posted 9/02/2013

Isn't it just the bomb diggity?
Yes, it was a very interesting world. I loved the use of paper magic, the magical books, the psychics. I am also happy to see that the main character for once is not very powerful which makes it very unique in my opinion.  I just wish there was more episodes since I felt R.O.D the tv had so much to offer to me as a watcher.

Posted 9/02/2013
You can watch the OVA to understand the story better. I actually found out about it after watching r.o.d. the tv. It's great, but I think it ended well, and didn't need any extra episodes.

Posted 9/02/2013
Lol, and I don't remember any magical books and psychics, haha!

Posted 9/02/2013
Probably because its been a long time since you watched it. No worries. Although I don't think I will watch the OVA. It will only make me wish even more for the original series to be longer.

Posted 9/02/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.
And Kin Moza is a good one that's airing this season.

If you don't mind harem, NakaImo (My sister is among them) is one of my favourites

Posted 9/02/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.

If you don't mind harem, NakaImo (My sister is among them) is one of my favourites

Yuru Yuri was really good and I'm loving Kin Moza. Just wasn't sure if I should have recommended it since it falls under the cliche category that turns people away from the them.

There has to be a technical term for an all female cast that I'm forgetting... Pretty sure there is one.

Posted 9/02/2013
Probably because its been a long time since you watched it. No worries. Although I don't think I will watch the OVA. It will only make me wish even more for the original series to be longer.
 The OVA came out before the series. I felt I wanted more from the series too, but I felt pretty satisfied after having watched the OVA. I don't think this series could be prolonged, unless they were to present a whole new problem, and the sisters have grown up a bit. That would be great though, so we could re-live it. But I think you'd be doing yourself a favor by watching the OVA, especially if you want to get to know Nancy. She's actually my favorite.

Posted 9/02/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.

Yuru Yuri was really good and I'm loving Kin Moza. Just wasn't sure if I should have recommended it since it falls under the cliche category that turns people away from the them.

There has to be a technical term for an all female cast that I'm forgetting... Pretty sure there is one.
I actually wanted to confirm that most female cast anime is actually moe comedy and base on most of the suggestions that sounds true. Then again I do like comedy every once in a while.

Posted 9/02/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.

I actually wanted to confirm that most female cast anime is actually moe comedy and base on most of the suggestions that sounds true. Then again I do like comedy every once in a while.
 Well that is true for the most part. I just watched the first episode of Alien Nine and it an entire female cast but it takes some time to explore the stress of having no choice but to fight aliens even if you fear it.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/03/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.

I've been told the animes I watch are "minor" ones, though I didn't really think so haha

I can't really think of female cast anime that isn't moe comedy.
I guess Love Live is also a bit minor...?
And School Days, well...

Posted 9/03/2013
How about Yuru Yuri?
Or Yuyushiki.

I've been told the animes I watch are "minor" ones, though I didn't really think so haha

I can't really think of female cast anime that isn't moe comedy.
I guess Love Live is also a bit minor...?
And School Days, well...
 You can't count school days there is a male main character in it. Now if people say the Anime is minor who cares if you like it you like it.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/16/2013
Did anyone figure out what the term is called for all female cast or all male cast members?
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;