Posted 9/01/2013
Was just announced that Miyazaki will be retiring and his last film will be The Wind Rises. I'm going to miss his works.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/lifestyle/story/japanese-animator-and-manga-master-hayao-miyazaki-retires-20130901

Edit: Yes second time he's retiring. But this one looks final.

Posted 9/01/2013
I think he might chose to get his hands on smaller projects. But we'll see. I wonder if his son will take the lead, although I read a review once about the film he produced, From Up on Poppy Hill, that it wasn't as good. I also read he has no background in animation. Well, we'll see. Everybody's gotta retire some day.  

Posted 9/01/2013
I think he might chose to get his hands on smaller projects. But we'll see. I wonder if his son will take the lead, although I read a review once about the film he produced, From Up on Poppy Hill, that it wasn't as good. I also read he has no background in animation. Well, we'll see. Everybody's gotta retire some day.  
 Well we can't expect his son to have all his skills. Maybe he wants to be something else.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/01/2013
I saw his son's film and the animation wasn't the issue. It's just that the story he chose to go with wasn't that great. It had a lot of his father's charm but the content wasn't there. Which is something I think he can work on.

Posted 9/01/2013
I saw his son's film and the animation wasn't the issue. It's just that the story he chose to go with wasn't that great. It had a lot of his father's charm but the content wasn't there. Which is something I think he can work on.
Mhm.
 Well we can't expect his son to have all his skills. Maybe he wants to be something else.

By... "TheAwsome"

If he wants to be something else, good for him, but there's probably pressure from his peers, possibly from his father himself to continue his legacy. It only matters how he'll handle it. But this is just a probability, maybe he's not being pressured at all.

Posted 9/01/2013
Yeah that's a problem. I feel bad for a lot of actor's kids as they must fall under a lot pressure or maybe they enjoy it who knows.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/02/2013
I think above all, most of Hayao Miyazaki's films have left some impact, at least to me. Most of the films gave me some joyful and inspirational feelings to create worlds using writing and drawing as my canvas. As long as those feelings are felt from watching the other films that don't have the Hayao Miyazaki's touch then Studio Ghibli will do fine. 

It is questionable right now if Goro Miyazaki will take over Studio Ghilbli. However, Goro Miyazaki have stated that he is just at the beginning of learning how to make animation films. I wonder if there are other candidates besides Goro Miyazaki who could provide that same charm.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;