Posted 6/03/2013
I have noticed and observed a lot of updates directed towards views, subscriptions, and likes. This of course is great it is nice to see people get liked for what they do. But I feel this can turn bitter when one person sees another with more subscribers. Me and Complex have talked on the subject and it is very possible that this place can end up simply like face-book or instagram where people fight for likes or subscribers. As of now the site is small and the community is great but the time will come and what will we do then.

I really like this site and don't want it to succumb but Im sure there are holes in the theory so go ahead and tell me what you think. 

Produced by... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/04/2013
I have noticed and observed a lot of updates directed towards views, subscriptions, and likes. This of course is great it is nice to see people get liked for what they do. But I feel this can turn bitter when one person sees another with more subscribers. Me and Complex have talked on the subject and it is very possible that this place can end up simply like face-book or instagram where people fight for likes or subscribers. As of now the site is small and the community is great but the time will come and what will we do then.

I really like this site and don't want it to succumb but Im sure there are holes in the theory so go ahead and tell me what you think. 

Produced by... "TheAwsome"

Without doubt there will be issues in the future as the community grows. Luckily, many of the site features can be managed to handle those issues. For now blog stats are public because I'm still testing how the features work. But when the time comes they will become private if needed. Or private by default.

One big issue is, what if the site does become huge? Blogs and profiles will offer a way for users to interact on a smaller level and keep that feeling of a small but close community. Forums are great, but they aren't going to work as the site gets bigger.

I understand the war for subscriptions and likes. Luckily they seem to control themselves. If someone becomes overly abusive of their popularity they will quickly loose it. It's not uncommon for someone to have a ton of likes and subscriptions to suddenly loose a ton of them over night. It's happen plenty of times in the past.

While I would love to tell you everything will be 100% great, there will be challenges when the time comes. Luckily most of my work experience has involved sales and civil services. So I'm pretty good when it comes to dealing with unruly clients. The key is to just listen.

If someone wants to flood the forums or post inappropriate content they will be have their content removed and they'll be banned. Granted, if someone is banned it will because they are planning to get banned. The biggest issue I've seen on sites is when an admin abuses power. All you're doing is fueling each other's anger. Just relax, take care of the problem at hand and move on. I remember when I used to be an admin on IRC. There were two kids who kept causing problems and I kept having to kick and ban them left and right. At the end they still caused problems but for some reason they started growing attached to me and started asking for personal advice. I didn't know if they were messing with me or what. lol But I think they honestly started liking me.

Sorry for the long response. Obviously it's a big topic and one I consider a lot. So we'll just have to take it a step at a time. For now it's working great so I think it'll be fine. FYI, I still have a few more features coming out that you could feel abusive. lol I'll try to explain my reasons behind the features as they come out along a bit more in depth of how they better the community.

Posted 6/04/2013
Bravo, bravo, awesome speech! [claps] Give it up for our webmaster, everyone.
No, but really, that was very good. I enjoyed reading your novel of a response. Don't apologize.

Then we'll quit our day jobs, set up an office somewhere that's nice & hot or any big city's fine with me, work tirelessly all day and hit the latest cons and launch parties, and then bathe in hard-earned cash at night. Sound good?

Posted 7/01/2013
Bravo, bravo, awesome speech! [claps] Give it up for our webmaster, everyone.
No, but really, that was very good. I enjoyed reading your novel of a response. Don't apologize.

Then we'll quit our day jobs, set up an office somewhere that's nice & hot or any big city's fine with me, work tirelessly all day and hit the latest cons and launch parties, and then bathe in hard-earned cash at night. Sound good?
 Lol complex I'll pass on the bathing in cash bit since I personally feel money can easily be a beacon of disease transmission <<;
But everything else sounds great! Count me in! XD

Posted 7/01/2013
Teehee. Yeah, money can turn some people greedy. Others, it seems to be all they want out of life. But you know what? I think it helps to know about money and then learn how to control your finances. I am in the process of doing so myself.

Posted 7/01/2013
Teehee. Yeah, money can turn some people greedy. Others, it seems to be all they want out of life. But you know what? I think it helps to know about money and then learn how to control your finances. I am in the process of doing so myself.
 Yeah it's very important after all you don't want to end up in debt.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/01/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Debt is somewhat inevitable. It's about paying it on time more so, and clearing all your debts eventually... or at all for some.

Posted 7/01/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Debt is somewhat inevitable. It's about paying it on time more so, and clearing all your debts eventually... or at all for some.
 As long as you pay back for everything you can avoid most debt. Also we have to make sure when we buy something we can actually pay it back.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/02/2013
Debt is great if you use it responsibly. 

It can help save you a ton of money in the long run if you use it correct. Such as getting a mortgage on a house instead of burning money into an apartment. Or funding  your education so you can get a higher paying job. Even businesses use it all the time to make money.

Though for myself I'm pretty cheap and hate debt. Some of the worst times in my life when I was in the hole while in college. But in the long run it did pay off and I earned far more back than what it put into college in the first place.

Posted 7/02/2013
Debt is great if you use it responsibly. 

It can help save you a ton of money in the long run if you use it correct. Such as getting a mortgage on a house instead of burning money into an apartment. Or funding  your education so you can get a higher paying job. Even businesses use it all the time to make money.

Though for myself I'm pretty cheap and hate debt. Some of the worst times in my life when I was in the hole while in college. But in the long run it did pay off and I earned far more back than what it put into college in the first place.
 Really I'm intrigued. Can you explain how debt can be used as a tool?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/02/2013
Here's a recent article on time if you really want to read up on it.

http://business.time.com/2013/04/11/when-is-it-a-good-idea-for-a-company-to-take-out-debt/

Generally debt is a tool because it's a way of obtaining funds. It's just like playing SimCity. You can slowly grow out the city. Or once you learn enough about the game you can max out in bonds and make your city explode in minutes and get huge returns right away. You just have to balance the interest rates against your income.

Just like everything else debt is a risk. And the general rule of business is the more risks you're willing to take the higher your return. This applies to your personal life as well. Just always remember the other side of the coin. The higher the risk the more likely you are to fail and have to file for bankruptcy. Use debt responsibly and it'll be your friend.

Posted 7/02/2013
Here's a recent article on time if you really want to read up on it.

http://business.time.com/2013/04/11/when-is-it-a-good-idea-for-a-company-to-take-out-debt/

Generally debt is a tool because it's a way of obtaining funds. It's just like playing SimCity. You can slowly grow out the city. Or once you learn enough about the game you can max out in bonds and make your city explode in minutes and get huge returns right away. You just have to balance the interest rates against your income.

Just like everything else debt is a risk. And the general rule of business is the more risks you're willing to take the higher your return. This applies to your personal life as well. Just always remember the other side of the coin. The higher the risk the more likely you are to fail and have to file for bankruptcy. Use debt responsibly and it'll be your friend.
 Hmm interesting when you look at it like that. Since you are in control of your debt you can control the out-come if you play your hands right. But like the article said if you mess up it'll bite you you in the end. Very interesting...

By... "TheAwsome"

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;