Posted 8/01/2013
Humans like a lot of animals have built in fear to protect us. But everyone is scared of different things. Most people fear spiders due to our past interactions. But not everyone is. So I brought this up to get in your head and find what makes your brain say "Run" or "Fight".

Now I also want to know what creeps you out rather then scare you per say. As being creeped out is a result of seeing something familiar yet a bit different. Or a state of mind in which you are stuck not knowing if you should fear it.

So tell me what brings you to these state of minds and why you think if you wish.

By... "TheAwsome"

Lovely Introduction

Posted 8/01/2013
I use to be afraid of water. Apparently the whole, 'Traumatic experience', means something. Apparently when I was around 4 I fell into a deep pool of water at the beach. I guess I thought it was a puddle. And apparently I almost died. I had the most difficult time learning how to hold my breath after that. ButI can't remember the smallest detail about the event.

Currently I hate spiders. I can handle them and move them outside, since I feel kinda bad for killing them, but they still creep me out. Thus the reason I used the word, 'hate', not the term, 'afraid of'.

Creep me out? Huu. Let's use Stephen Kings trinity of terror.

“The 3 types of terror: The Gross-out: the sight of a severed head tumbling down a flight of stairs, it's when the lights go out and something green and slimy splatters against your arm. The Horror: the unnatural, spiders the size of bears, the dead waking up and walking around, it's when the lights go out and something with claws grabs you by the arm. And the last and worse one: Terror, when you come home and notice everything you own had been taken away and replaced by an exact substitute. It's when the lights go out and you feel something behind you, you hear it, you feel its breath against your ear, but when you turn around, there's nothing there...”

- Stephen King

The Gross-Out | Baby feces. Well, if anything in a more grotesque way would be the slicing of ligaments. Achilles tendon, MCL or ACL, wrists. I don't get light headed or anything, but seeing it sits with my stomach wrong.

The Horror | White faces on a large black body. The idea that the only thing I see on the body is the face, which obviously looks fake, creeps me out. Zieram from Iria, Larva from Miyu, even that ghost thingy from Spirited Away. Now these don't stop me in my tracks, but they have always left a lasting impression on me. The anonymity of them creeps me the hell out.

The Terror | Well from his description, that's not really explained. That's more so the emotional/mental/physical road you take when experiencing anything that's, 'creepy'. So that's likely spiders. When I feel one crawl on me. Or I see a lot of them crawling. Blegh.

Posted 8/01/2013
Hmm... I thought I was the only one to have almost died in the water. When I was at the pool as I kid I thought I big enough for the deep side and got in. I started drowning and I could not scream because of the water. I never gained a fear of water though.

The Gross-Out- At some level puke. When I see it my stomach does tighten a bit.

The Horror- In horror games there are monsters that like to play with you before killing you that drives me up a wall. I would not want that kind of fate.

The Terror- Utter darkness. I'm okay with the dark but not complete. It is the fact that I don't know what is in it and that alone terrifies me.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/01/2013
Hmm... I thought I was the only one to have almost died in the water. When I was at the pool as I kid I thought I big enough for the deep side and got in. I started drowning and I could not scream because of the water. I never gained a fear of water though.

The Gross-Out- At some level puke. When I see it my stomach does tighten a bit.

The Horror- In horror games there are monsters that like to play with you before killing you that drives me up a wall. I would not want that kind of fate.

The Terror- Utter darkness. I'm okay with the dark but not complete. It is the fact that I don't know what is in it and that alone terrifies me.

By... "TheAwsome"

Ahh. The fear of water dissipated long ago. Sides. Traumatic events are over-rated.

Scared of water? Pfft. I drink water for breakfast.

Posted 12/20/2013
COCKROACHES !!! Eeek! Yada! Yada! Yada! 

Posted 12/21/2013

What no I find them amazing! My favorite thing about them is their ability to adopt. Due to how fast they can reproduce and and a flaw in their genetics that causes a higher chance of mutation no matter what happens some will survive and increase the population! One day I tell you there will be space roaches I wait for that day. Did you know both mushrooms and cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast?

Pesticides won't stop them it only assists in their evolution! 

By...
"TheAwsome"

Posted 12/21/2013

What no I find them amazing! My favorite thing about them is their ability to adopt. Due to how fast they can reproduce and and a flaw in their genetics that causes a higher chance of mutation no matter what happens some will survive and increase the population! One day I tell you there will be space roaches I wait for that day. Did you know both mushrooms and cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast?

By...
"TheAwsome"

HEy! Those were the aliens from the anime "Hero Man" ! ^_^
Look at them..If cockroaches really would evolve like that... *faint* !

Posted 12/21/2013

By...
"TheAwsome"

You must of fainted from their pure beauty! They are so majestic...

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 12/21/2013

By...
"TheAwsome"

You must of fainted from their pure beauty! They are so majestic...

By... "TheAwsome"

PURE BEAUTY ?! No way! I hate cockroaches! 

Posted 12/21/2013
But why do you hate them I must ask?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 12/21/2013
Well...

I have a trauma to them... If I remember it correctly,it was when I'm still in high school. I was chosen to be the representative on behalf of our class in the Science Club meeting. I really looked forward to that meeting coz it's a rare opportunity for me to be with my beloved crush. ( he's the treasurer of the science club ) ( okay,i'm blushing and

)

I put a lot of effort preparing for the meeting -- my speech and materials for the presentation--.
BUT .. when the day of the meeting came,I just woke up with my left eye and lips swollen. Fault of the cockroaches.
It was really a nightmare for me. Well,that's how girls are. :)

Posted 12/22/2013
Interesting but cockroaches you can smash to bits if you have fear of them. You know smash them with a hammer, splattering onto the floor.Then your gaze towards to the side and saw the queen of the cockroaches! That's right! There is a queen of cockroaches you should be afraid of!

Posted 12/22/2013
Never finding love 

Posted 12/22/2013
Interesting but cockroaches you can smash to bits if you have fear of them. You know smash them with a hammer, splattering onto the floor.Then your gaze towards to the side and saw the queen of the cockroaches! That's right! There is a queen of cockroaches you should be afraid of!
 So,the leader of the cockroaches tribe is a Queen? I thought,only bees have a Queen as a ruler. XD
Are they all came from England ?

Ha ha ha

Posted 12/22/2013
Never finding love 

So,what scares you again ?

Posted 12/22/2013
How about some aliens instead of cockroaches? http://youtu.be/HqRA8PXoSq8

Posted 12/22/2013
While if I ever do run into an Xenomorph I know well enough to run. But I feel like that scientist in these movies that starts cloning to try and get the queen alien back. I love Xenomorphs they are simple amazing with the ability to adopt like no other by taking the form of other creatures on the planet that have already adopted to said planet. Their form of reproduction is so unique but also flawed in the fact that if there is no Queen Facehugger to make a new queen and the queen dies bye bye aliens. If I could just get a dead one to dissect to bad there fake.... for now that is.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 12/22/2013
Never finding love 

You hitting on me big boy? 

Posted 12/22/2013
Ew, this thread is gross.

Awsome.......... could you put a spoiler tag for the image of your initial post please?

Posted 12/22/2013
Never finding love 

You hitting on me big boy? 

Hahahaha ! Peace! 

Posted 12/22/2013
Ew, this thread is gross.

Awsome.......... could you put a spoiler tag for the image of your initial post please?
 Yeah! :D
-- HEY !  You're back ! ^_^
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;