Posted 6/29/2013
Is anyone else here keeping up with the development for ESO? The work ZeniMax Studios has done so far is is outstanding. If you haven't heard much about it the Tamriel Foundry has put out a video that deeply goes into the game so far. Really worth a look. http://youtu.be/sD7x1KF8N8o

Posted 6/29/2013
The dungeoneering and PvP is going to be amazing. Daggerfall Covenant all the way.

Posted 6/29/2013
I have to give me loyalty to the Aldmeri Dominion. I can't be without my evil bad ass khajiit. Though, I may end up having to choose another race if the crime system isn't up. I just can't be a khajiit and not be able to go around murdering and pick pocketing every NPC out in the world I find.

Posted 6/29/2013
Oh boy this seems great. I would love to play this. An RPG where I can play and battle others. How much money does it cost at this time though?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/29/2013
I don't think the planned price was announced, but it is going to have a monthly payment system.

Posted 6/29/2013
It's not out yet and the business structure hasn't been announced yet. Considering it's coming out for both PC, Mac, and consoles suggests it may be a one time price. If that's the case I would expect it to be around 59.99 but that's solely speculation.

Considering the cost of maintaining the servers and needing to constantly add new content I'd expect some sort of continuing revenue. I'm hoping they'll do expansion packs to cover that or some sort of vanity content you can purchase. It's still very much in the air and they're extremely tight lipped about it right now.

Posted 6/29/2013
I don't think the planned price was announced, but it is going to have a monthly payment system.
 I'd probably prefer a subscription instead of those annoying pay for gear systems. Even if they avoid pay to win, it always took away from the game. I'm just not sure how feasible it would be to convince a console player to pay a monthly subscription for a game. Whatever they decide it'll definitely be interesting to see how well it does on both console and PC/Mac. 

Posted 8/06/2013
Last Friday the latest ESO game play has been release for those who haven't seen it yet. It's from a live stream so the quality isn't 100% but it's still gives a good view on what the game is like so far. 

Game release is expected around the 2nd Quarter of 2014.

http://youtu.be/sXdKHApfVTU 

Posted 8/06/2013
 I'd probably prefer a subscription instead of those annoying pay for gear systems. Even if they avoid pay to win, it always took away from the game. I'm just not sure how feasible it would be to convince a console player to pay a monthly subscription for a game. Whatever they decide it'll definitely be interesting to see how well it does on both console and PC/Mac. 
 I agree with you 100% about the subscription model. The free to pay model has always made mmos more likely to become a pay to win. That makes it very hard for new players to play the free mmos when half of the time they are not getting good gear or items as the guys who purchased items in the game. You would still see some free mmos who do it correctly for the free model but rarely is it not pay to win. I digress.

I hope that it will still have good combat as any other elder scrolls game. I hope that the skill tree is flush out really well and guilds are done good. I'm mostly concern about what possible content ESO will release on their mmo because you have to constantly put out content for an mmo; otherwise people become bored and leave the game. Other than that concern, I hope the fee will be under $7.00 and a free trial available to those who want to purchase the game without giving it a try.

Posted 8/06/2013
As it is now it still feels like a MMO from the gameplay, but you do see a lot of Elder Scrolls feel coming from it. I'm hoping they take the next 9 or so months to flush out the combat to make first person more fluid. I would jump right in as it is but if they took the time they could make a killing on this. Every thing they need is there right now, they just need a lot of polish and get rid the MMO feel so it feels like a real TES game.

We'll see what they do with the subscription. 7 a month would be the best deal. Though a hybrid of a one time and a subscription fee may also be best. Pay $40 or so up front with a 6 month subscription which will cover all of the initial development cost than have a 7 monthly fee to cover upkeep and additional content.

Posted 8/06/2013
My gut feeling though is that the subscription model will be on par with wow. Although I would love to have 6 months included or maybe 4-5 months included in the actual game purchased of $59.99. Very doubtful but I can dream.

Posted 8/24/2013
For those that don't know right now, developers of the elder scrolls online game have developed a model for $15 a month for the subscription of the game. Bad news is they might add in a money shop ( a place where you spend real money to buy clothes or something).

Posted 8/24/2013
For those that don't know right now, developers of the elder scrolls online game have developed a model for $15 a month for the subscription of the game. Bad news is they might add in a money shop ( a place where you spend real money to buy clothes or something).
 Hmm sounds like a strategy employed by a lot of games such as Sims. It will make them a lot of money. But hey if they can make their money off of that then subscriptions should stay at $15. 

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/24/2013
From my understanding of it it'll be a solely subscription model with no micro-transactions for content. It's not that shocking as it seems to be a common trend in gaming to charge a larger monthly subscription fee for the first few months and then either going free to play or changing their business model by offering large discounts for multi-month subscriptions.

Overall it will depend on the success of the game to determine how long it'll stay at a rate of $15 a month. Hopefully after the game starts to cool down and they begin to loose subscribers they'll start offering large discounts such as 3 months for $25.

Posted 9/27/2013
I started playing Oblivion about 2 weeks ago and started running into these (vid below) little buggers... nothing is worse against a stealth build than armored melee characters.

Posted 9/27/2013
I started playing Oblivion about 2 weeks ago and started running into these (vid below) little buggers... nothing is worse against a stealth build than armored melee characters.

Since they have large health and attack up close. I bet a bow with a good enchantment will do the trick.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/27/2013

Since they have large health and attack up close. I bet a bow with a good enchantment will do the trick.

By... "TheAwsome"

And that's exactly how I kill them. 20 arrows later.... Then you run out of arrows and have to start doing a bunch of hit and runs until they eventually die.

Posted 9/27/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

And that's exactly how I kill them. 20 arrows later.... Then you run out of arrows and have to start doing a bunch of hit and runs until they eventually die.
 How good is their A.I. program? Can they group up on you, then corner you?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 11/16/2013
Really good mash-up of Skyrim: http://youtu.be/wnhirWax9Vk makes me want to play ESO more now.

Though, not really Minecraft. lol
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;