Posted 12/01/2013
West, I know this isn't a big thing but I love it if you could implement some type of full page blog editor that way I don't have to scroll down so much to find the text. 

Posted 12/01/2013
The editor already has a full page mode. Click the icon to the left of the HTML symbol.

Unless you meant something else?

Posted 12/03/2013
Hi. Sorry it took a few days to write my list. I was just being lazy.

*ahem*

• blog titles
  • About section somewhere (good idea, or bad idea?)
  • tags displayed somewhere ( don't know if I mentioned this already)
  • option of: otakuelite.com/candyshuriken (please!

)
  • a couple of layout options? (have we discussed blog layouts before? I don't remember)

And of course, I know you haven't forgotten about anon comments. :)

Posted 12/03/2013
Hi. Sorry it took a few days to write my list. I was just being lazy.

*ahem*

• blog titles
  • About section somewhere (good idea, or bad idea?)
  • tags displayed somewhere ( don't know if I mentioned this already)
  • option of: otakuelite.com/candyshuriken (please!

)
  • a couple of layout options? (have we discussed blog layouts before? I don't remember)

And of course, I know you haven't forgotten about anon comments. :)
 Tags will be heavily in the next update(s) as part of blog customization and search as well as the layout options.

As for custom URLs? That's been planned since the start! But I haven't been able to make a decision on how I want to do it yet.

If you want to know why custom URLs haven't been done yet (ramble warning)
Let me explain the big issue with custom URLs and why it's taking forever to make up my mind. A while back I changed the registration system to no longer accept spaces. This is so that I could support features such as tagging (e.g. ^westnyorai or w/e it'll be) and as well custom URLs such as otakuelite.com/westnyorai etc.

With URLs there is a lot of confusion with blogs etc. Sites like Tumblr use a subdomain such as candyshuriken.tumblr.com. Twitter on the other side uses a "path" such as twitter.com/sandyshuriken. There are advantages and advantages to both methods.

When using a subdomain it requires reserving any potential subdomain you may want in the future. The site currently uses www, mobi, moble, sandbox, api, and few others. The only active ones are mobile, www, hellfire, and sandbox (which is restricted for dev purposes

). If I wish to expand on the site I may become limited by users taking up valuable subdomains. Which is why I'm unlikely to use this approach.

With using the path as otakuelite.com/candyshuriken I run into the issue of it conflicting with all the other pages on the site. Such as otakuelite.com/forums, /search, etc. So paths are just out of the question. What is the most likely solution will be to use a mixture of both. Which is what I'm currently debating. Right now I can choose the following...

blogs.otakutelite.com/candyshuriken
user.otakuelite.com/complex/blog/candyshuriken
etc.

The most likely choice is going to be to just split blogs away from the site all together and use the subdomain blogs.otakuelite.com/blogname (you'll pick the name). All other user pages will use user.otakuelite.com/username. You'll also be able to choose user.otakuelite.com/username/blog which will redirect you to blogs.otakuelite.com/blogname (redirection due search engine stuff).

As far as multiple blogs per user? It's not a planned feature but I haven't decided against it all together.

As far as specifics on the layout, I plan to give the option to remove the gradient, more background image positions, and potentially custom CSS. If I do custom CSS it'll be very restricted. 

Other features I plan to add? A few widgets such as twitter, user anime ratings, top 10 anime, tag navigation, etc. There is also a plan for some custom blog parts/layouts to have save time when blogging. I may include it as a feature for forums as well to save awsome a little time from writing out his signature every single time.

Also there are a few bugs I need to fix. Such as the calendar glitching, the edit button not working on the post page, etc.

Posted 12/09/2013
Ahm..there's no space for search members.Can you make one? 

Posted 12/10/2013
Member search is planned for the time the profile pages are reworked. I want to be able to include multiple search options when looking for users. Such as number of blogs, blog subscribers, forum posts, database entries, etc. Age and gender won't be a criteria since they're kept secret for privacy reasons.

The search page will be similar to the anime and character search pages, but will be slightly different since I won't be using biography information in the results. I also plan to finally incorporate interests in search to help you find members who share similar interests.

There are some other plans I have, but none of them will be added for a long time since I want to focus on getting core features done.

Posted 12/10/2013
Oh.okay. ^^

Posted 12/18/2013
Oh! Can you add the category FUN GAMES or ENTERTAINMENT or whatsoever to the forums?
I just noticed that this site is becoming a
GHOST SITE.
So,i think..having community games will encourage the other members to be active more often and enjoy this site.
What do you think ?

Posted 12/18/2013
Oh! Can you add the category FUN GAMES or ENTERTAINMENT or whatsoever to the forums?
I just noticed that this site is becoming a
GHOST SITE.
So,i think..having community games will encourage the other members to be active more often and enjoy this site.
What do you think ?

The site has been going in spurts lately. Some days it's active some days it's not. :( Sadly everyone's spurts don't seem to line up. I'm likely going to increase advertising to help bring in a few people and see if that helps.

Posted 12/18/2013
Activity = weekend usually. 

By the way, when I meant full page editor I was thinking more along the lines the changing the current way of editing blog entries (not going into full screen mode).
sds
  1. Would like to see a recent blog entries as a side bar when you view a single blog entry from a user. Ideally, something like  four entries that they recently done.
  2. An gui editor moved to the top of the blog entry when editing a blog entry instead of putting it on the bottom. Confuses me sometimes when I don't remember what blog entry I tried editing. Additionally, I would like the bar (hr) added to the gui bar along with the table (table tag, and pop up a box saying how many columns or rows to do). A spoiler button  and emoticon button would be nice to be added to the gui bar.

Also would like it if the views on a blog post was part of the my settings page along with subscribers and comments.

Posted 12/19/2013
Woah...you guys are so good in computers..
I wish I am,too. :3
@WestNyorai: Maybe advertising now would be..ahm...(-.-? think of a good word,missy!) I don't know what to say...

I am not good at words. Maybe what I am just trying to say is...Advertising now to bring in people? I think it's not the solution to the problem...According to Complex,this site has more than 200 members. It's enough to make the site more lively...We just need something to spice things up. :)
(Sorry if you think i'm being such a pest right now...i am just suggesting.  T-T)

Posted 12/19/2013
The editor is currently TinyMCE, I can upgrade to the latest version which offers inline editing if you want.(http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/inline.php) You basically click anywhere in the post to edit. I haven't had a chance to see how it works but it is something I've been thinking of a lot.

As for side bars I'm thinking of going all out with widgets where you'll be able to customize your side bar how you want with different objects. A recent blog entries widget is HIGHLY likely. As well as twitter and anime lists. I've been playing a lot with Tumblr as well and looking into some of the customization features. I doubt I'll ever have a fully customization layout due to security issues.

Emotes and spoiler tags are planned. As well as a few other goodies on the toolbar that will only be available to bloggers.

I'm starting to finally get back into coding after a week or so break due to personal junk. Blogs are right after the ads are finished which I want to have done by the end of the holidays. Have been feeling a bit more energetic lately since I started a new exercise routine and after a long break I'm getting pretty motivated to try out a few new things.

Posted 12/19/2013
Woah...you guys are so good in computers..
I wish I am,too. :3
@WestNyorai: Maybe advertising now would be..ahm...(-.-? think of a good word,missy!) I don't know what to say...

I am not good at words. Maybe what I am just trying to say is...Advertising now to bring in people? I think it's not the solution to the problem...According to Complex,this site has more than 200 members. It's enough to make the site more lively...We just need something to spice things up. :)
(Sorry if you think i'm being such a pest right now...i am just suggesting.  T-T)
 We're at 2631 validated users. But almost none of them are active at this time. Starting next month I'll be releasing the annual developer blog by email which normally brings a few people back for a day or two.  I've been playing around with a lot of different sites lately and learning a lot of new things for web development such as OAUTH. So I'm sure next year will be very active.

The focus for 2014 will be the same as 2013 and focusing on social features since they seem to be in the highest demand and honestly are the most fun to work on. Database updates are also enjoyable but it's more fun coming up with original ideas other sites don't have.

Posted 12/19/2013
2631 validate users?! 

W-O-W ! We have that many members ? I have no idea..And yet..

Oh,well..^__^   GOOD LUCK ! :D

Posted 12/19/2013
As much as I HATE this tactic, Crunchy Roll has proven it to be effective. This tactic being the "post popular animes on the front page, even when the series is over tactic." I love Attack on Titan, Naruto, Kill la Kill, and other big name animes, and many anime related sites shoehorn them on the front page all the time. You want people to stick around after seeing the front page, and if they see a highly popular anime which they most likely have already watched, it will tempt them to stay. Heck Attack on Titan's been over a few months now, and it's STILL featured at the top of the video schedule list. Anyway, this was just some random tactic I've seen being used so I figured I'd at least throw it out there.

Posted 12/26/2013
I would like to be able to edit the header tag of the blog entry. I so desperately want to change that weird public icon to something else and slightly change the color of the header tag.

Posted 12/27/2013
Do you mean change the font/color? I'll include an option when I upgrade customization. The icons are only seen by you, but yes I agree that need a lot of work. Not my proudest moment.

Posted 12/27/2013
Do you mean change the font/color? I'll include an option when I upgrade customization. The icons are only seen by you, but yes I agree that need a lot of work. Not my proudest moment.
 Yes the font/color and icons would be a nice touch. 

Posted 12/28/2013
I would like to suggest adding a page view for private messages, as in having a page number on the bottom for the inbox to view old messages. Also, would like the ability to have a friend list in the inbox to quickly click on to send a person a private message. Furthermore, would like it if I type in a name for a person show an auto correct for the username similar to google search auto correct.

Finally would like it if there was a way to make some threads private in the forums.

Posted 12/28/2013
Private messages will be redone at some point in the future to be easier to navigate with a mouse. The current design was focused on touch devices and the mouse functionality is lacking.

When I get to revamping PMs I"ll try to improve upon it using the friends list feature once added. Intellesense will be added to the address box as well during the same update.

At this time I have no intentions of doing private threads in the forum since this is what groups are intended for. I will be reworking groups and fixing most of the bugs. I haven't focused on it a lot since groups are widely used at this time.

Sadly, updates have been very slow due to the chaos of the holidays and a lot of family issues getting in the way. I'm slowly getting back to coding again now that things are calming down.

Also got my new laptop fully setup with a fresh development copy of the site and all of the software reloaded. It's VERY fast.

Plus it has a touch which I'm going to be using a ton when creating new layouts to be more Win8 friendly.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;