Posted 6/19/2013
 Lol yea all the flashy flashy stuff stopped being entertaining once I realized that what hackers did was a lot less glorified XP

complex: I'm not saying all of sci-fi tech is unrealistic or impossible to create...I meant that there are certain things that from a science point of view we know just can't happen. Like an inanimate object at rest will never move without some outside force acting on it, and a human being can't simply defy gravity without something assisting them to do so. Once in a while sci-fi stuff really stretches limits and you start to think "ok guys...even in sci-fi world that's a little hard to swallow." 

Your right about humans not just defying gravity but I'm sure we will develop tech in the future that can of course. Gravity it self is a result of orbit everything has its own gravity but earth's gravity suppresses ours. If we could cause spacial distortion in such a way we could make are own gravity fields increase in influence.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/19/2013
What's The Dollars?
 Have you seen Dura!!? That, basically.

Yes welcome back Eros your presence was absent for a while. Holograms are invading as it seems and we don't even pay attention. Not to even mention nano technology. As for virtual reality it is already being made I think. Just like in sci-fi you use a helmet. I seem to be drifting from subjects.

Nano tech is becoming a major thing that will make things like space elevators a real possibility. We can make wiring and motors at a nano level. There are of course medical uses that will greatly increase the human life span.

Virtual reality is being made. It is not as great as you think but still awsome. It is likely to be added into gaming in the future.

As for holograms have any of you heard of  " Fractale" it sort of covers this.

By... "TheAwsome"

I dont know anything about holograms, but virtual reality is definitely not what most people think it is at this time. It might not be something like SAO, but I think imma buy the Oculus and try it out, maybe with the Omni as well, but im not sure about that one. The idea of VR always gets me so exited I feel like I want to be part of its creation, maybe ill start taking some classes involving the brain.

Posted 6/19/2013
 Lol yea all the flashy flashy stuff stopped being entertaining once I realized that what hackers did was a lot less glorified XP

complex: I'm not saying all of sci-fi tech is unrealistic or impossible to create...I meant that there are certain things that from a science point of view we know just can't happen. Like an inanimate object at rest will never move without some outside force acting on it, and a human being can't simply defy gravity without something assisting them to do so. Once in a while sci-fi stuff really stretches limits and you start to think "ok guys...even in sci-fi world that's a little hard to swallow." 

Your right about humans not just defying gravity but I'm sure we will develop tech in the future that can of course. Gravity it self is a result of orbit everything has its own gravity but earth's gravity suppresses ours. If we could cause spacial distortion in such a way we could make are own gravity fields increase in influence.

By... "TheAwsome"

Yeah, but that person is still using technology to assist in his de-grav.

Im sure SOMEWHERE in the infinite infinity there is a place where the Laws don't apply and inanimate objects move without external force and other some such crazy things.

Posted 7/14/2013
I have always been a nut job for science. I was researching Nanobot technology some more when I found this jewel.

http://www.kurzweilai.net/human-body-version-20

I think the ideas here they are awsome. How do you guys feel about humans up-grading themselves?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/15/2013
Hideauze.

Posted 7/15/2013
Hideauze.
 What manner of creature is that?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/15/2013
Genetically modified humans who have merged cells with whalesquid. In Gargantia.

Posted 7/28/2013
I have been watching some videos by V-Sauce that have been making me question things. Here is an example...

http://youtu.be/yE8rkG9Dw4s

He has made many videos like this that just get you thinking.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
I think I have a different fascination for sci-fi. I love seeing inventions like... Beam swords, jump jets, mecha, space ships, gravity defying equipment etc. etc. I especially love seeing inventions like that when the writers put a plausible theory behind it. The technology is what fascinates me.

Well, that and the chance for giant robots. That always gets me going.

Posted 7/30/2013
I think I have a different fascination for sci-fi. I love seeing inventions like... Beam swords, jump jets, mecha, space ships, gravity defying equipment etc. etc. I especially love seeing inventions like that when the writers put a plausible theory behind it. The technology is what fascinates me.

Well, that and the chance for giant robots. That always gets me going.
 I see a lover of logic. I always have a tendency where I try to find logic in things like sci-fi Anime it really gets the gears in my mind turning.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
Lover of logic? Should I change my name to Conan? DamDirtyConan?!

Yeah, I really love that feeling that makes me actually have to comprehend the "realism" behind what they use to fight giant monsters, robots, aliens. I know, I know. ::Face palm:: Realism in a sci fi anime. But you know what I mean.

That's why I got so into the Muv Luv Alternative series. They explain everything. Then make you cry. Then explain more. Then make you cry harder. Then make it awkward if your roommate/parent/girlfriend come home and catch you playing/reading it by yourself in the corner of your-ewrkawheriluqwbf then make you cry again. It's a wonderful experience...?

Posted 7/30/2013

Yeah, I really love that feeling that makes me actually have to comprehend the "realism" behind what they use to fight giant monsters, robots, aliens. I know, I know. ::Face palm:: Realism in a sci fi anime. But you know what I mean.

That's why I got so into the Muv Luv Alternative series. They explain everything. Then make you cry. Then explain more. Then make you cry harder. Then make it awkward if your roommate/parent/girlfriend come home and catch you playing/reading it by yourself in the corner of your-ewrkawheriluqwbf then make you cry again. It's a wonderful experience...?
 I laughed at that Mr. Conan. Yes I understand I love finding realism in things like this. And an Anime that explains itself is a rare jewel indeed. I have just started Neon Genesis Evangelion and I can tell they have every bit of the Mechas built from the inside and out. They took great care in it's design.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013

I laughed at that Mr. Conan. Yes I understand I love finding realism in things like this. And an Anime that explains itself is a rare jewel indeed. I have just started Neon Genesis Evangelion and I can tell they have every bit of the Mechas built from the inside and out. They took great care in it's design.

By... "TheAwsome"

I agree. Any show that actually releases an official guide book to explain even more depth of the show is my kind of show. Evangelion has it's world so well thought out. The explanations of the impacts are amazing and I love how they keep the anonymity around so many details for so much of the show. I love the feeling of completely understanding something in a show, but even more so the twist when everything you thought was wrong. Exhilarating.

From the reiteration light novels, mangas, original manga, guide books, series, remake, and ending movie it is a wonderfully crafted show. I mean, how many shows actually can get away with remaking the ending of a series? Not many. And though some will comment saying that Evangelion did not get away with it, I would think the mass consensus will say that they did not mind it at all.

Posted 7/30/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

I agree. Any show that actually releases an official guide book to explain even more depth of the show is my kind of show. Evangelion has it's world so well thought out. The explanations of the impacts are amazing and I love how they keep the anonymity around so many details for so much of the show. I love the feeling of completely understanding something in a show, but even more so the twist when everything you thought was wrong. Exhilarating.

From the reiteration light novels, mangas, original manga, guide books, series, remake, and ending movie it is a wonderfully crafted show. I mean, how many shows actually can get away with remaking the ending of a series? Not many. And though some will comment saying that Evangelion did not get away with it, I would think the mass consensus will say that they did not mind it at all.
 It does not matter if they get away with it. It is if the people accepted it happening that is important and they did accept it.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
I'm part of the minority who actually preferred the original ending. Evangelion was really into messing with people's head and actually taking the time to think everything out. I've seen a lot of series that try to be out there but never have any logic to it. They're just mild versions of cat soup with a bunch of pot head animation and plot devices with no correlation.

When it comes to sci-fi there has to be logic behind the technology otherwise it becomes more fantasy than sci-fi. You can throw in as many robots and guns as you want, but if you don't make some effort to make it seem scientifically possible than you've failed at making a successful sci-fi series.

Posted 7/30/2013
I'm part of the minority who actually preferred the original ending. Evangelion was really into messing with people's head and actually taking the time to think everything out. I've seen a lot of series that try to be out there but never have any logic to it. They're just mild versions of cat soup with a bunch of pot head animation and plot devices with no correlation.

When it comes to sci-fi there has to be logic behind the technology otherwise it becomes more fantasy than sci-fi. You can throw in as many robots and guns as you want, but if you don't make some effort to make it seem scientifically possible than you've failed at making a successful sci-fi series.
 Indeed I like logic in sci-fi in general. If it isn't there I try to insert my own logic. I can't say much about the Anime as I have yet to end it. Usually sci-fi Anime is great brain food for me as it gets me thinking.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013
I wasn't necessarily happy with the ending of Evangelion, but I accepted it. By creating the movie I felt like neither of them was genuine anymore. I'm happy to see the remake of the series, but that's besides the point.

Evangelion did do one thing absolutely correct. It made the world they live in seem huge, even though they rarely shot outside of Tokyo 3. They gave the world so much history. So much creationism. And that paved the way for myself to have the thought that everything in Evangelion was bigger than they showed. Was deeper than they let on. And by occasionally throwing in events and bits of information that explained more and more the demons that lay in wake inside of each of the Evas, as well as how they were essentially brought to life, as well as letting you almost peel back the layers for the show in what the true antagonist was, they made their universe seem real to me at a young age. I was fascinated by it. And honestly I still am.

I don't see that anymore. Well that's incorrect. I do still. Just not in sci fi. Then again sci-fi is, as elegantly put above, is more fantasy sci fi now a days.

Posted 7/31/2013
You could probably debate that even The Elder Scrolls games are more sci-fi than some series with the Dwemer story lines.

Posted 7/31/2013
You could probably debate that even The Elder Scrolls games are more sci-fi than some series with the Dwemer story lines.
 This is true I really love getting higher tech weapons in that game. Remember the Centurion a mixture of magic and machine.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013
 This is true I really love getting higher tech weapons in that game. Remember the Centurion a mixture of magic and machine.

By... "TheAwsome"

I remember being terrified the first time I encountered him. That I remember. Then realizing he's not all that crazy. Though you are right, that thing is absolutely awesome. A great design to fit the world of ES.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;