Posted 11/22/2012

HELLSING

nugh said on that. love it cause i LOVE VAMPIRES!!!!!

Posted 11/22/2012
Gotta love Hellsing. 

I'm going to have to stick with one of the classics being Blood:
The Last Vampire. Saya is so bad ass and I've always been a fan of vampiric monsters over the more common human like vampires.

Posted 11/22/2012
Indeed, Blood is also a favorite of mine as well. been awhile since last i saw it actually. 

Posted 11/27/2012
Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) and Death Note

Both them explore psychological aspects of the main characters in different ways

Posted 2/24/2013
Ooh, Mirai Nikki is good. So is Death Note. :3

My favorite horror anime has to be Another, though. The first few episodes are boring, but after that it's so wonderfully disturbing...:3

Posted 3/21/2013
Umm.... Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, Another, and Corpse Party( If anyone has even heard of it).

Lets just say I had a Bloody good time watching them!

Posted 6/06/2013
Hehehe I just started watching "Hellsing" today... 

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/09/2013
I like Another, higurashi, hell girl and ghost animes

Posted 6/09/2013
I like Another, higurashi, hell girl and ghost animes
Another was great. I had to give up on hell girl though. Saw the first two series but I think I got burnt out at the 3rd. The series reminded me a little of Vampire Princess Miyu. Still need to finish that series some time. Heck even add it to the database.

Posted 6/10/2013
Elfen Lied, anyone? Honestly, when i first watched that, i didn't know what to think. Other than that, i loved Another, and Ayakashi Ghost Stories.

Posted 6/10/2013
Ahh I remember Elfen Lied it was an experience for me, shame it didn't get more popularity.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/11/2013
I LOVED LOVED LOOOOOVED the opening theme for Elfen Lied. At some points I think I looked forward to seeing the opening more than the actual episode haha. It was definitely the sexiest Gregorian Chant style that I've EVER heard

Posted 6/19/2013
Can anyone recommend an anime that is actually scary? I just finished watching Another and I loved it, but it really wasn't horror for me. I love how at the end of an episode during the creds, they give Mei a red dress. What is it with scary girls and red dresses?

*notices Alma standing in the corner of the room*  Yeah..

Anyways, come onnnnn give me something to cry about.

Oh Oh! Especially if its all psycho, like Mirai Nikki, or Chaos; Head. I love things that mess with my head.

Posted 6/19/2013
Yes I suppose teacher ripping out his own neck isn't horrific enough. Try school days it is pretty psychological. If you just want gore go for "Blood". Have you seen Elfen Lied? Ah I have another one to tell you but its name escapes me.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/19/2013
Can anyone recommend an anime that is actually scary? I just finished watching Another and I loved it, but it really wasn't horror for me. I love how at the end of an episode during the creds, they give Mei a red dress. What is it with scary girls and red dresses?
I probably have a few good horror series I could recommend. I'll look into it when I get back home from work. While not horror, Flowers of Evil is pretty good so far for psychological suspense. May be the most controversial series this season in both animation and story. Just let me say, anyone who tries rotoscoping an entire series deserves a look.

Posted 6/19/2013
I am currently watching Blood +. It's pretty good. Perhaps when I'm done I'll want to continue with Blood C.

Posted 6/19/2013
Yes I suppose teacher ripping out his own neck isn't horrific enough.
 That was not horrific, I might have laughed a little at that part.. What I did find horrific was when the girl fell down the stairs and got a neckfull of umbrella. I think something that scares me is a feeling of helplessness. Maybe that can help if you guys know of anything like that.

I have watched Elfen Lied and I have to agree with NeNe, the opening for EL is great, I even went as far as to learn how to play it on piano lol. I have also watched Blood.

Posted 6/19/2013
Oh helpless situations like when the elevator broke and splattered her. Cassherin Sins is something with a great plot I think it'll get in your head not really gore but a lot of uncontrollable situations. Hehe I see why you like psychological Anime.  Hmm last one I can think of would been Gai-ri Zero it was pretty good. Hope this helped and have a bloody good day.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/20/2013
You could try some of these:

Blood: The Last Vampire
Higurashi: When They Cry
Hundred Stories (Requiem from the Darkness)
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette
Mermaid Forest
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Really need to add Hundred Stories to the database at some point. I just couldn't get to it. At the time I saw it I was watching a lot of shows like Hell Girl and Vampire Princess Myu and was tired of series with no real connecting plots. While Hell Girl and Myu are also horror, I didn't really feel scared watching them. Honestly most horror in anime doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure if it's the fact it's animated or the fact that no one really takes the time to invest in a horror series because of anime's typical faster pace and aim toward a younger audience.

My personal favorite recommendation is Le Portrait de Petite Cossette because it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Beautiful animation and one of the best in the horror genre. It's on YouTube for free but I think it's only in English Dub.

Posted 6/20/2013
You can also see "Le Petite Cossette" on GoGoAnime.com if this helps it is also free of course. Thanks Nyo now I know some new horror to watch.

I have not seen that many horror Anime in my time so I have nothing to suggest. Horror itself is overlooked by most and not many are made. Still horror presents us with a unique genre willing to explore some things other Anime won't. I like it when the "psychological" aspect is looked into. It is is interesting to see the darker half of humans even if it gets a bit exaggerated. 

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/20/2013
Oh helpless situations like when the elevator broke and splattered her. Cassherin Sins is something with a great plot I think it'll get in your head not really gore but a lot of uncontrollable situations. Hehe I see why you like psychological Anime.  Hmm last one I can think of would been Gai-ri Zero it was pretty good. Hope this helped and have a bloody good day.

By... "TheAwsome"

Ga-Rei-Zero was great. I remember watching it and thinking that the guy and girl you see in the first few episodes were the main characters, but then I was quickly stolen of that idea.

You could try some of these:

Blood: The Last Vampire
Higurashi: When They Cry
Hundred Stories (Requiem from the Darkness)
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette
Mermaid Forest
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Really need to add Hundred Stories to the database at some point. I just couldn't get to it. At the time I saw it I was watching a lot of shows like Hell Girl and Vampire Princess Myu and was tired of series with no real connecting plots. While Hell Girl and Myu are also horror, I didn't really feel scared watching them. Honestly most horror in anime doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure if it's the fact it's animated or the fact that no one really takes the time to invest in a horror series because of anime's typical faster pace and aim toward a younger audience.

My personal favorite recommendation is Le Portrait de Petite Cossette because it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Beautiful animation and one of the best in the horror genre. It's on YouTube for free but I think it's only in English Dub.
Higurashi and Umineko have to be one of my favorites. Battler from Umineko might not be all that great of a character concept, but I really like him. I think I'll give Le Portrait a try. I've seen it around but never really got around to watching it.

After Rosario... I don't like jumping around anime. Going into it I kept telling myself it was just going to be ridiculous ridiculousness. Oh why don't I ever listen to myself???????!!!!!
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;